Monday, September 14, 2015

Easy Fall Decor


Today I'm sharing some simple fall decor ideas.  First, you can't decorate for fall without pumpkins.  These painted pumpkins are my favorite DIY fall decorations.  Though you could absolutely paint real pumpkins, I chose to paint artificial pumpkins so that I could use them year after year.  Don't get me wrong, I love real pumpkins and I use plenty of those in my fall decor, but these little artificial pumpkins are a nice addition.  Also, after you go to the effort to paint them, it's nice to know that they'll last more than one season.  I bought my artificial pumpkins at Michael's for around $5 on sale.  Another nice thing about these pumpkins is they come in traditional orange, black and cream.  This is great because it can save you lots of time because you don't need to paint a base coat.

You can freehand your design on the pumpkins or you can use painter's tape.  I freehanded my polka dot and argyle pumpkins.  I used painter's tape to make the chevron and candy corn pumpkins.  For detail work like the dashed lines on the argyle pumpkins, I used paint pens.

The possibilities are endless.  In addition to my argyle, polka dot, chevron and candy corn pumpkins, you could also make monogram, damask, houndstooth, silhouette, or plaid pumpkins.




Chalkboards can be another easy fall decoration.  They have a natural, rustic look which is great for fall decor.  There are so many cute fall printables and quotes online.  If you find a printable you love and you want to transfer it to chalkboard, simply print it out on regular printer paper and use white transfer paper to transfer the outline of the image to chalkboard.  Here are a few of my favorite fall quotes.

"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."      - F. Scott Fitzgerald
"Autumn paints in colors summer has never seen."
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise."     - Psalm 100:4



My fall-themed burlap prints also make a great addition to a fall mantel or other vignette.  Stop by my Etsy shop to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment