Friday, February 8, 2013

Sneak Peek: Big Boy Room

My little man is 13 months old and I know that doesn't sound like a "big boy" but he just seems like he's outgrown his owl themed nursery.  He has also begun to demonstrate a strong affinity for cars, trucks, and "all things wheeled."  The shift coupled with my love for redecorating means Little Man is getting a big boy transportation themed room.  I will unveil the entire room soon but I wanted to give you a sneak peek of one of my favorite projects in the room. 

I bought this airplane lamp on a local moms' buy/sell/trade Facebook page.  I love the airplane shape but I wasn't a big fan of the colors (the new room is lime and navy) and I was not in love with the tappered shade.  Also, I want Little Man's new room to be one that grow with him (even though I'm sure I'll get the itch to redecorate it in a couple years) and one with a modern flare.  So, with a new drum shade (under $5 with a coupon at Hobby Lobby), some cute chevron fabric, navy ribbon, and a trusty can of white spray paint, I transformed the lamp! 



No comments:

Post a Comment